Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
There is an island outside of Charleston, SC - Kiawah Resort. I guess I always factor in SR money and Disney Visa Money also. But, until we rent a house, drive down, eat only supper out vs Value or Moderate Resort, eating out all 3 meals(snacks too), and plenty of fun things - Disney is a better value and it costs us less money. As I said earlier if you just want to sit on the beach all day(and believe me there is nothing wrong with that - but I know with 2 kids it does not happen) then the beach is less expensive. But, my kids want to do the day camps($75+ per child per day), something in the evening, and DH wants to play golf at $125+ per round. It adds up very fast. Atleast at Disney, I pay for the tickets and they can go to the parks and they have enough to do for the day that they don't ask for anything else. Maybe if I could talk DH into Virgina Beach or Ocean City - it might be different but I have never had any luck as long as I have known him.
Ah that makes sense, I was thinking where in the world are you going? lol
I can drive to the Jersey shore or Ocean City Md, Bethany Beach DE on a half tank of gas and get a beach rental for about $1000 give or take. Factoring in food and other expenses it's still cheaper for us to go to the beach then it would be to WDW (although we prefer WDW!)