Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Great News (OT but Connected)

Default Really Great News (OT but Connected)

Remember the $2 offer this summer where you had to nominate someone for a Thank You (from Merci Chocolate)? Well, my nominee won the national award. She doesn't know yet - they're going to surprise her on Monday (National Thank You Day).

So thank you, SSR, for leading me to the link and allowing someone really deserving to be blessed this way. (Not to mention my $2 )

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Holy Cow! That is so cool. Congrats!

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Oh my gosh that is amazing. Way to go!!!
    I have yet to get those chocolates!!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

That is awesome!! What did you pick for her prize?

Awesome!!!!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I wanted to thank her because every Saturday she makes sandwiches and takes them into Camden NJ and distributes them to the homeless. I thanked her for teaching me the joy of giving.

And I thought an appropriate prize would be that someone like Rachael Ray cook a meal for her, though I said she'd prefer a donation to buy sandwich makings. Well, apparently they contacted Rachael Ray, who is out of the country right now (?) but loved the idea. My nominee is going to be limo-ed to the show and Rachael is going to cook for her at a later date. (Plus they say they're giving her gift certificates for a grocery store for the sandwich stuff.)

Isn't God good? She recently said she just ran out of money for this.

Quote Originally Posted by hope829 View Post
    I wanted to thank her because every Saturday she makes sandwiches and takes them into Camden NJ and distributes them to the homeless. I thanked her for teaching me the joy of giving.

And I thought an appropriate prize would be that someone like Rachael Ray cook a meal for her, though I said she'd prefer a donation to buy sandwich makings. Well, apparently they contacted Rachael Ray, who is out of the country right now (?) but loved the idea. My nominee is going to be limo-ed to the show and Rachael is going to cook for her at a later date. (Plus they say they're giving her gift certificates for a grocery store for the sandwich stuff.)

Isn't God good? She recently said she just ran out of money for this.
    He sure is!!! That is SO cool!!!

Holy smokes!!! I cannot believe it!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I can't beleive it! You have got to be kidding! How did they notify you? By email, phone or letter?
    Sunshine Rewards

They called two weeks ago and had me fill in an affidavit saying I am who I say I am and it was my own work and so on. They told me at that point she made the five finalists. Then earlier this week they called and asked if I could get her husband's cell phone if they needed it. At that point (Tuesday) they said they hadn't decided and they would call back if they needed the the cell phone number.

They didn't call back, so I thought they went another way. Then they called me at dinner time on Wednesday and told me she won! They've called and emailed since then with arrangements.

I still can't believe she won. I have to think God led me here and to that link!