I am pretty sure that I am in the running for the person with the "World's Greatest Dad".

My parents took us (me, my younger brother and sister) to WDW four times as children. When I grew up, I rekindled my love of Disney and wanted to plan my own trip as an adult. I started saving for it and finally saved up enough to take myself and my boyfriend. Well, we decided that it would be fun to drive so we invited my mom and dad to come along. We ended up spending 7 nights in a 2BR at OKW (at RACK RATE, because I didn't know any better back then) and had a ball. In fact, my "boyfriend" and I got engaged on that trip and returned a year later (2002) for our honeymoon.

Ok, back to the part about my dad...

He enjoyed himself so much on his first stay at OKW, that right then and there, he decided that he wanted to come back and share it with the WHOLE family. So, he said that in 2012, he is taking our entire family (3 kids, 3 kids-in-law and 6, maybe 7, grandkids) to WDW for a week. Yup, count 'em....14 people! He told us that he is paying for our airfare, a week at OKW, our park passes and our food.

We were never spoiled as children. In fact, mom and dad led a very simple, frugal lifestyle. We ate out once a month as a special treat. We participated in a lot of sports and dad even coached a few of our teams. As kids, we always thought that we were being "deprived" because we didn't get the latest clothing or the coolest gadgets. We were brought up in a very budget-minded family. Which is why this whole Disney trip is SO generous of my dad. He NEVER would have spent this kind of money on "just a vacation" in the past. He is 62 years old so he still had a lot of living left to do. He told us that he wants to enjoy his retirement and treat us to this trip while he is still physically and financially in a position to enjoy it. So, it really isn't a great "memory" of my dad, but it still shows what a great dad I have. I can't wait until June 2012!