Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
Please, when you figure it out, let me know.

Laura
Finally, I have my problem fixed. I think. Apparently, some of the spyware I have used over the past year changed my "host" file and was blocking various sites that SR uses to collect their commissions. Those sites are not bad sites but they were still be blocked. I googled and googled. Several sites told me how to open my hosts file and make changes, but I couldn't find the exact texts that I needed to delete. However, the last site I found gave me another choice for making edits and it worked. I am pasting the instructions, you can use either:

Hosts File
If you or another program (Usually Kazaa Lite) have added web sites to block by changing a special file called hosts, you may have blocked access to some servers we use to help you SAVE money.

Open 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer' then navigate to the following directory and filename:

Windows 95/98/ME: c:\windows\hosts
Windows XP Home/Pro: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows NT or 2000: c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Also, check: c:\windows\help or c:\winnt\help
(Some spyware changes the default location to these locations.)
1.Highlight the file, hit F2 to change its name from Hosts to Hosts.bak, then try the links again.

2.Alternately your can open the Hosts file with a text editor like Notepad. You can open the HOSTS file by right-clicking on hosts and selecting "open with". Then select Notepad.

Ensure the following lines are not present in the file by removing the entire line if present:

service.bfast.com
click.linksynergy.com
clickserve.cc-dt.com
commission-junction.com
cj.com
www.qksrv.net
www.kqzyfj.com
www.tkqlhce.com
www.jdoqocy.com
www.dpbolvw.net
Popup ads do not originate from these servers. These are gateways to major online stores to enable all discounts to load. A popup blocking program works better than playing with this file.

I kept trying to do the 2nd choice (that is the one that I found in several places) but the 1st was the easiest and it is working. Hurray!