Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could something be blocked?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Could something be blocked?

I need someone a little more tech savvy than myself. I am wondering if there is something blocking cookies from a network or the likes. I am receiving credits for surveys - Daily, OTX, Your2Cents, freebies (hit or miss as usual), but only about 50% of my shopping is crediting without the need for a trouble ticket. Previously it was more like 100% was crediting without a TT. So since some stuff is crediting and others are not I'm thinking maybe I have a network blocked since cookies aren't the issue.

Anyone have any ideas or ways to check? I hate making more work for Angie around here.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I need someone a little more tech savvy than myself. I am wondering if there is something blocking cookies from a network or the likes. I am receiving credits for surveys - Daily, OTX, Your2Cents, freebies (hit or miss as usual), but only about 50% of my shopping is crediting without the need for a trouble ticket. Previously it was more like 100% was crediting without a TT. So since some stuff is crediting and others are not I'm thinking maybe I have a network blocked since cookies aren't the issue.

Anyone have any ideas or ways to check? I hate making more work for Angie around here.
    The only thing I can suggest is to check out that thread Gaye and I had updated, we were both having similar issues and what she found worked for me and ended up working for several others. Just a thought or at least somewhere to look. I think you may even stickied it in the technical section.

My problem was not being able to access commission junction sites at all (I think that was the one). Now with windows/microsoft updates things could have changed but it's a start?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah I already looked there and renamed that file. I don't remember if I did that before the last shopping order or not. I'll have to recheck and then test on the Target order I need to place.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is online now We plan to eat and drink around the world

I was wondering about this too, I've submitted two TT in the past week for merchants that I've not had a problem with crediting before. One of them is pending and the other was just submitted so I don't know about that one yet. But other shopping credits come through just fine!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

It's especially odd because on the whole we are seeing a LOT less trouble tickets filed.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Is it the same merchant over and over? I never get credit for Shoes.com without filing a TT - I don't even stress about it anymore. Miss Angie is always able to match the credit with the order. Barnes and Noble is another one - sometimes I don't even get confirmation e-mails from them. But if Shoebuy doesn't credit in 24 hours, I know something happened. Are you having trouble with merchants that previously credited fine, or are these new merchants you are using?

Don't really have the answer for you, but if they are merchants that credited fine before vs. new merchants, I'd think your settings had been changed.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    Is it the same merchant over and over? I never get credit for Shoes.com without filing a TT - I don't even stress about it anymore. Miss Angie is always able to match the credit with the order. Barnes and Noble is another one - sometimes I don't even get confirmation e-mails from them. But if Shoebuy doesn't credit in 24 hours, I know something happened. Are you having trouble with merchants that previously credited fine, or are these new merchants you are using?

Don't really have the answer for you, but if they are merchants that credited fine before vs. new merchants, I'd think your settings had been changed.
    No it is definitely different merchants. For example: Barenecessaties, Itunes, Figleaves, Macy's, and bookcloseouts.com all credited without needing a TT recently.

So far: champion, shopbop, bagsbuy, and deepdiscount have needed trouble tickets. I've never had issues with them in the past which is weird and why I was thinking maybe something is blocked.
    Sunshine Rewards

That's even more strange because those are on different networks.

I wonder if you are not staying logged into SR? I've seen credits come through on some of those where they show up as "nologin", basically someone clicking through our links but not being logged in when they click on them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That's even more strange because those are on different networks.

I wonder if you are not staying logged into SR? I've seen credits come through on some of those where they show up as "nologin", basically someone clicking through our links but not being logged in when they click on them.
    Hmm. I don't think so but I'll pay more attention. Alot of the times I've been shopping back to back after doing my browsing and clearing cookies. I have been double checking to make sure I've stayed logged in but maybe I should log out and log back after the cleaning and before the shopping.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is online now We plan to eat and drink around the world

my tt merchants where Best buy and Bath & body works which I have never had a problem with crediting and I'm pretty sure I was logged in, I always double check that before placing my order.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES