Thread: Taxes on SR Rewards?

Default Taxes on SR Rewards?

i was just wondering, if we earn over 600.00 in a year on SR, do we receive a 1099 or whatever to pay income taxes on it? just curious and my search yielded no results (probably because i didn't do something right, lol).

Because the majority of what we do is cash back (which is not taxable), we do not do 1099s. If you have earned more than $600 with something like surveys or offers, then it will be up to you to include it in when you file your taxes.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

The CPA in me will strongly urge you to claim your earnings no matter the threshold but since I am not a tax accountant I really can't advise you on this one. I would think it wouldn't matter if SR never turned the info in to begin with and they couldn't since they don't have SSN. *But this is not a professional opinion.*

Dee - Your husband does taxes. What does he tell you?
    Sunshine Rewards

fully intend to claim it if i make that much, just wondered if i'd receive any tax documents from SR

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    fully intend to claim it if i make that much, just wondered if i'd receive any tax documents from SR
    No problems. It's one of those gray areas: claim vs. not claim. I just know that unless a site asks for you to fill out a tax form (forget the numbers w-8??) and return to them then you won't get any tax forms at the end of the year (ie 1099). It shouldn't be a big deal though if you just started this year and are trying to figure out your earnings. Next year might be a big of a challenge but nothing you can't keep a spreadsheet for
    Sunshine Rewards